Friday, March 27, 2009

I am the Feature Canlubanger of the Week

The feature this week will be special because it is the author's birthday.. Instead of a slumbook, below are the testimonies from her closest friends.. Hope you enjoy them and the author is encouraging you to comment on it..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Algebra was my first Math subject in my college days, sa morning kasi naka-schedule ito. I also had Trigmat pero sa hapon na yun kaya I still consider Algebra as the first. As I remember our room, W413, the first assigned professor to us was Sir Natalio, I think, pero nabago yun at pumalit si Sir Magbanua. Siyempre, Freshmen, we were all shy and quiet sa room, we just talk to people whom we know from high school, eh unfortunately, wala pa akong ka-school mate sa room. All of a sudden, may nag-greet sa akin or ako yata ang nag-greet sa kanya. Hahahah!

Sabi niya, “Hi” or “Hello” yata. Hindi ko na matandaan yung exact words that ‘she’ said. All I know was, we approached each other, I don’t know kung siya o ako lumapit, basta nagkakilala kami…She was Amlyn Rey. In college, when we introduce ourselves, madalas tinatanong ang: “Saan ka nag-high school?” and yun nga, we knew where we graduated. She lived in Sta. Rosa pero yung school niya sa San Pedro, grabe ang layo pero she was used to commute all by herself, kahit gaano pa yata kalayo, kaya niyang magcommute. I believe she was an intelligent lady, mas marami siyang alam kasi sa akin nung Algebra, ahahaha! But we share ideas, so many ideas, kuwentuhan, asaran and tawanan na din.

Anu pa ba? I know she is a hardworking person, and dami na niyang nai-contribute sa school eh. I often see her sa library, she served well as a student assistant. She was also active in co-curricular activities, particularly sa ROTARACT where currently she is the President of the organization. I idolize her because her time management is excellent. She balances her time with academics because she still maintain to be in the Dean’s list, at the same time, lahat ng activities sa organization at iba pa, active siya. I salute her for that.

I am so thankful for founding the true friend in her. Sadly, hindi na kami palagi nakakapag-usap kasi busy na, if ever maguusap, about org stuffs na, hahaha! Pero seriously, I am so lucky talaga, she’s still open to me about her personal problems, though not all of it I know, but still she never leave me behind of the news and issues about her and her crazy environment. Sobrang thankful ko talaga, kahit hindi pa siya nakakapag-Youth Camp, I know that God bless her always. I really thank and salute her for her future success and hard work, and also for being one my real friends. We were blessed both, and I hope we will always be blessed and bonded forever. Thank you so much for this great opportunity. I salute you Ma’am!

Loves you with a hug: Marian Kate Cuasay /\_/\

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It has been almost a year since I transferred school and little did I expect I would cross paths with a no ordinary girl I would call a friend 2 classes together after.

A friend everybody would want to keep in their life.

A friend who is sincere, reliable, and true.

At first glance, Amlyn is the type of person you will find having a heart that is gentle and kind, open and affectionate. She really is. But she is far from the image of someone who will just sit on one side and won’t do anything, if she thinks something isn’t in the right place just because she is what I mentioned. She is fierce and clever, and has always been a fighter.

With attentive ears, prepared to listen, and helpful hands armored to lend the help one needed most.

A smile that can reassure that everything will be alright and a laughter that can uplift anyone’s mood whenever a person is feeling down.

A filial daughter to her parents and a one-of-a kind sister.

I might utter every single positive qualities Amlyn has but one thing I am sure that I am not the only one who can feel towards her, that I couldn’t meet many Amlyns in this lifetime and perhaps even in the next.

She is one in a million. A blessing from God that I will forever be grateful for.

From: Leslie Ann Macaisa

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Multiple Facets of Amlyn Rey by Mr. Ronnie Celestial

Amlyn Rey is my former student in many subjects I handle in the college of De La Salle-Canlubang. A student who became close to remains in touch with me, now as a friend, even though she is no longer my student.

As a friend, I’ve come to know her up close and personal. I've discovered that she is not only a responsible studious and persevering student but also a good daughter, a real friend, and a leader.

Amlyn as a student has shown intense drive for excellence and unsatisfying desire for learning. She is never absent in class. She is constantly attentive and participative in class discussion. It could be seen in her inquisitiveness that she understands the topic under discussion. Above all, she never balked down from the challenge and responsibility. She is open for being assigned as a group leader and being given a seemingly difficult topic for research and assignment. This was shown when her group was given the topic on Genetic Engineering in Religious Studies (RELSTRI) course. Rather than appealing for a lighter topic, or making alibi to be excused from being the group leader, or asking for another set of group members, she instead faced the challenge squarely. She read a lot of books on the subject matter and gave out an enriching informative research work. As a teacher, it was a wonderful privilege to have someone like her in the class.

Amlyn as a good daughter is an impression I got from the way she indirectly shares about her personal life. If not in school, she helps in household chores and assists in tending the small grocery business of her family. She admits of humble beginning as someone coming from not so-well-to-do family. She empathizes in the hardships of her parents.

Amlyn as a campus leader is evident by the way she handles the ROTARACT Club where she is the incumbent organization president for this school-year. She led the organization on various activities specifically civic-oriented projects for the poor. She has the heart for the less fortunate people. She is very focused on whatever task at hand and willing to make a personal sacrifice for the sake of the success of any undertaking. She has persevered in the organization rising from the ranks as she started as an ordinary member to officer to president.

Finally, like any college student, Amlyn has click groups and friends from the school and various campus organizations. I remember one time she was very sad because she and a valuable friend-schoolmate seems to be drifting apart. Worried over it that she was thinking how she could ever revive the friendship again. To me it was a sign Amlyn is a real friend who knows how to treasure friendship.

Over all, by this testimony, I know Amlyn as a very nice person. She knows the value of time. She is actively involved in various endeavors whenever in school. She works as part- time student assistant in the college library and a volunteer worker in many school activities.

Personally, I am not a fortune teller but I would like to believe that Amlyn is going to be successful as a professional, as she is now as a student.



Go Back to Home page.

No comments:

Post a Comment